It is a legal requirement and your duty as a BHPA member to report air incidents.
Fatal or potentially fatal incidents must be reported to the BHPA, Air Accident Investigation Branch (AAIB) and Police immediately.
Serious incidents should be reported to the BHPA as soon as possible and in all cases an incident report should be submitted to the BHPA and EHPU within 48 hours using the online form, don't forget to also notify the club safety officer!
If you require guidance on how to complete the online form, please contact a BHPA Technical Officer.
BHPA Technical Officers: 0116 289 4316
BHPA Office: 0116 289 4316 or firstname.lastname@example.org
AAIB (24 hours): 01252 512299
Please report an incident you have witnessed or been involved in if it:
- Involves injury, whether to participants or others
- Involves damage to property, third party or not
- May give rise to an insurance or legal claim
- Involves non-standard equipment or techniques
- Involves failed or malfunctioned equipment
- Highlights safety points or was unusual
- Is something you feel the sport may learn from